ANST - Directions to Emerald Keep?

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Thu Nov 19 16:41:49 PST 1998

This was on the Ansteorra list earlier.  See you there.  Bring your toys.

Gilli

The Shire of the Emerald Keep is proud to present once again,

                Dragon's Meet Tourney!

In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the founding of the Shire of
the Emerald Keep, we would like to invite you join us as we once again
host "Dragon's Meet Tourney", to be held from Nov. 20-22, A.S. XXXIII,
A.D. 1998, in Waco, Texas.
This shall be an "Early Period" Tourney;
That is to state that the emphasis shall be upon the 12th century and
earlier.  The events currently planned shall be:
Heavy Weapons Fighting
A Quest
A Subtlety Contest--
  (These must be edibles, and the theme is Dragons or Hunting)
An Arts and Sciences Competition
  (Entries must have something to do with either Dragons or Hunting)
An Archery Competition
  (SCA Rules, and weather permitting, naturally!)

Dinner Friday night and breakfast Saturday and Sunday will be
provided by Spider and his crew. The Feast will consist of five
savoury removes prepared for your pleasure by Lady Roxxanne MacRaven
and Lady Francesca di Angelo. The menu is as follows:

    Dragon Eggs in Bread-rings
    Roast Beast of Cloven Hoof
    Sweet Squash and Savoury Gourds
    Wilted Spinach Salad
    Fruit filled Sweet Breads

Alcohol must not only be in period containers, but discreet as well.

Merchants are welcome, and as always there will be NO merchanting fee.
Please contact the Co-Autocrat to make reservations.

The event will be held at the Texas State Technical College Clubhouse
located off of Concord road next to the Conally Golf Club. Camping
space will be available, but no ground fires will be permitted. Should
the weather turn in-hospitable, the hall will be made available both
Friday and Saturday nights. There are Bathrooms on site, but no shower
facilities.

To get to the site, take your best route to Waco, Tx. Take I-35
towards Bellmead which is just north of Waco. Look for the I-35 and
Hwy 84 Intersection. Take Hwy 84 East. Turn left on Aviation Parkway,
there should also be marked with a sign for the James Conally
Municipal Golf Course. Follow Aviation Pkwy. until you see the Golf
course entrance. Turn right into Golf Course, then follow the SCA
signs!

If you have any questions or would like to make reservations, please
contact:

Lady Faoltigerna MacEanruig, Autocrat, at lady_faoltigerna at yahoo.com

Lord Kayne MacRaven, Co-Autocrat, at lord_kayne at yahoo.com

Lady Roxxanne of the Roses, Feastocrat, at
lady_roxxanne at yahoo.com

Lady Francesca di Angelo, Co-Feastocrat, at
smithson at hot1.net