ANST - philosophical musings ...

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Sat Nov 21 08:29:48 PST 1998

On 21 Nov 98, at 4:15, Jube Kinser wrote:

> I have been in the SCA for about 3 years on and off starting seriously
> last Feb and pretty heavily since.. I sit back and watch the people that
> have been in for years but yet they don't care what is going on.. I am
> trying to take action and help my shire and kingdom but as of yet do not
> have the experience.. but I am working on it.  I think the best way to
> enjoy this dream that we all have is to get active in your shires,
> baronies and kingdom and help to create the dream.. don't sit back and
> make others do it for you.

a point here ... in five, ten, fifteen, plus years, you might find that you are
seeing things in a  differing light than that of three years.  might also find
that your available energy resources have changed radically, or your life-
situation (obligations, family, work) have changed ... many who were active
in these things ypou mention are o longer so or have scaled back ... the
structure of the society as it has evolved (not always for the best) has a
tendency of using up people, their energies, and their belief's.

it's not a "one size fit's all" solution ... the SCA is a complicated
compilation of *many* ever-changing individual matrix's that each individual
experiences differently, and which grow and change in different ways and
rates.  even the definition of "the dream" is debatable and changable ... for
some it's a "dream", for some a "game", for some a simple "outlet" for
creative energies.  no one appraoch should ever be considered superior to
any other.  the challange comes at the individual level to try to make room
for all people, all perceptions, all pathways ... as long as they respect
these diferences of nature and choice they are valid as those of the
individual oberserver.  problems is that too many get warpped up in banner
of the "THE* dream" not realizes that it is simply *a* dream.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves