ANST - What's a Seljuk/ Combat Archer

Michael J. Harkness blackoak at balista.com
Mon Nov 23 16:24:47 PST 1998

As a Combat Archer myself, if you stay in one place your going to die fast.

Move, shoot and comminute that's the best way to do it.
Keep the heavy fighters between the enemy and you.

I do not like to shoot anyone in the back, it has happened by accident.
Run if you have to and get somewhere you can shoot.
Or run like hell and yell for help. How far did Sir Daffeid chase me, about
1/4 mile down the road. Until the Marshals called us back.
An Archer unit can get more kills in a shorter time than the same number of
Sword and Shieldman. I know been there done it.
More then a dozen times the Shire of Middleford has offered the use of Camp
Finlayson for Combat Practice of all types. just let us know when, We will
set it up.
In Service Lord Talon of Blackoak
Archer of Ansteorra
Southern Region Archery Marshal.