ANST - To hit or not to hit Combat Archers

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Mon Nov 23 18:57:11 PST 1998

I do have some heads that came An Tir that would probably bruise they are
hard rubber(?) with no noticable give. I have two on long arrows and two on
crossbow bolts. I don't think I have hit anyone with them, they shoot
different. Yes some of them do hit harder than what most fighters are use to
being hit with arrows. Talon's crossbow is way under Kingdom max., mine is
very close to max., and there are at lest two other crossbows out there that
are close to max.
One a side note Ansteorra requires 1" of close cell foam on arrows while
most Kingdoms that allow wood/fiberglass only requir 1/2". Anseorra crossbow
poundage is set at 550 inch pounds while SCA and most Kingdoms that allow
wood/fiberglass allow 600 inch pounds. Golf tubes are a whole nuther story,
at least one Kingdom is experminting with Baldar Blunts on golf tubes . The
last I heard they were not droping the poundage with the Baldar Blunts.
There were some at Gulf War in March and they were impresive.

>I've personally been bruised by an arrow that hit my shoulder and also felt
>the impact of another arrow that landed next to my foot. Some of those things
>hit HARD.

Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra