ANST - re: tent pole materials ...

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Fri Nov 6 15:11:05 PST 1998

On 6 Nov 98, at 14:35, Patrick J. Cuccurello wrote:

> This is an off chance, but have you tried the Timber Framers links?  I'm
> planning on building some timber frame buildings on my property, and I
> seem to recall running across a timber frame lumber provider in the
> northeast that sells ash beams.  You are probably looking at a minimum of
> 8'x8"x10" beams, so you would have to be able to rip them down to the
> stock size you want.

thanks ... had'nt even considered the timber frame industry, but now that
you mention it, they would be a natural source.

as for working, would'nt be that big of a problem ... chain saw with a beam
cutter attachment and slab off boards (or rent a chain-saw mill setup for an
afternoon) .. let the stuff season, run through a plainer, tables saw, ....

hmmm ... probably not cost effective for small runs.  if there are beams,
there will be planks.  will do a search run and contact some of the folk you
mention.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves