ANST - re: tent pole materials, ash poles

Alexis drwise at swbell.net
Fri Nov 6 16:02:28 PST 1998

> the only place I've ever even *seen* ash is in the Museum Reps catalogue for
> an exhorbitant price.  If you find anything else, please let me know.
>
> Dieterich

A somewhat reliable source for ash poles is Houston Hardwoods (713)
686-6176.  Their availability runs hot and cold but they carry poles in
diameters from 3/4" to 2" up to about 15'.  I have used them for several
spear shafts and jousting lances.  If they don't have what you need then
check back at different times, when their stock runs low enough they
will mill another batch.  Good luck.

Alexis