ANST - SCA superstitions.

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Sat Nov 7 05:50:00 PST 1998

> > >Surrounding your tent with orange peels keeps the fire ants
away."
> > This is the one I really, really like!!!  I may have to try it.
> i prefer corn meal ... they eat it, they drink, they explode,
they die

Not A Superstition.  Exception being: use "instant" _grits_, and
even run 'em through a blender on HIGH for a minute or so to
make 'em finer.  Proven to kill the mound -- although it can take
up to a week to do so.

Martin Flamebeard and I have both used this method in yard
maintenance here in Steppes to good effect. (Alright, so we were
both working on the same yard at the time...)

Can anyone explain why I've never seen  -- at least I do not
remember
seeing --  a serious fire ant problem where there is full-canopy
tree
coverage?

Mike C. Baker
SCA: Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra (Steppes, Ansteorra)
"Other": Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)
My opinions are my own -- who else would want them?
e-mail: kihe at ticnet.com OR kihe at rocketmail.com