ANST - Disgruntled Pre-Seventeenth Century Laborers Union, Local 153

Cameron Lewis camlewis at swbell.net
Tue Nov 10 16:58:07 PST 1998

Azrael wrote:

> I am working on a repeating (10 shot) ballista for gulf this year....I could
> really use some help with the bolts though...the design i am using is very
> close to the tips used on fiberglass spears. tennis balls just hit way too
> hard out of this thing. Any suggestions on speeding up the process?...each
> bolt is taking about 3 hours to build...and the ballista can put 6 in the
> air at once.. so you see my dilemma<G>

How close are your targets that you are shooting at?

Remember that your targets at gulf war will be at least 50 feet away and
probably more...that is if you are on the wall shooting at the tree...if
you are in the castle shooting indirect fire over the wall, or outside
shooting into the castle it is lots further than you think...

Sir Alrek