ANST - Combat archers

Gary Koehler midnightk at htcomp.net
Wed Nov 11 10:05:39 PST 1998

Another good use for archers is as skirmishing screens.  Yes, I know that
this sounds pretty brutal, but it's pretty hard for enemy fire to hit a unit
that's spread out and moving fast.  When the battle lines get close, the
skirmishers get out of the way and form into their respective "H/K" teams.
These guys can get REAL annoying now, using HH Gunthar's tactics, occupying
terrain features (spears hate going into the woods), and using high mobility
to make life miserable for the enemy (can you say enfilade?).  Oh, having
some of them (yes, I know there are a limited number of archers--a pity) see
if they can take out enemy artillery, once again using high mobility to stay
alive, seems a good idea too.  Dunno, sounds good on paper, at least....
               Not an archer,
               But have been killed by a lot of 'em,
               KVK