ANST - Rain at Three Kings?

nolen dale fairborn at swbell.net
Fri Nov 13 08:56:04 PST 1998

Keith Hood wrote:

> Could someone in the area where Three Kings is to be held please post
> some information on the weather there?  I've been watching the news but
> down here I get only the sketchiest view of the situation in that area.
>
> Sorry to be bothersome, but I've already been washed downstream from one
> event this year, and I don't want to form a habit.  :-)
>
>       Tomonaga
>
> --
> A long bow and a strong bow,
> And let the sky grow dark.
> The nock to the cord, the shaft to the ear,
> And a foreign king for a mark!
>
>         -- Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
>                By Robert E. Howard, who should be
>                  the patron saint of Ansteorra

Hi there ansteorra. Richard Fairbourne here. This is what the event site
is like. There was some ankle deep water last night but it has all
drained off. The only rain we are having now in canton is drizzle. THe
ground is wet and there will be some mud, but there is chance of having
anything like what happened at bjornsborg. We are only supposed to have
scattered showers tonight and some saturday morning this will all be
gone by saturday afternoon. There is still plenty of camping space that
was not in water if we do have a torrential downpour. I will be on site
to direct anyone to this. It is a lot closer to the melee field. I am
not worried at all it is just fine scotish weather to fight in. Oh yes
by the way I was hoping we would fog in the morning to fight in and have
pipes playing. We should get that wish tomorrow. IF you any more
concerns please call me at 972-263-0288. I will have a nuber on site you
can call as well later around 12:00
keep posted
If you do not come you are going to miss alot ofun
Richard Fairbourne event steward