ANST - Ostrich plumes

Katrina O'Keefe ladyknight at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 18 15:33:12 PST 1998

Casey&Coni wrote:

> Hanse hier, having a spot of trouble.  I've been asked to do a lovely set of
> garments by one of my more refined clients and I find that nobody in all of
> Heidelburg seems to know where I might acquire ostrich plumes in the quality
> and volume that I need for the chappeau.  I don't want those sissy looking
> plumes you so often find at that merchant 'JoAnnes' shop; what I want are
> the HUGE good ones that have a base as big around as a vienna sausage and
> are as full as a frenchman who's been locked up all night in a snail,
> croissant, and wine shop.

My good Hanse,
                              If I were you I'd find a yellow pages for the HIll
Country area and start calling some of the ostrich/emu farms out there. Many of
them will sell to you straight off the bird and are usually desperate for
income. Stock has fallen in that market these days but lots of the birds are
still roaming the hills. Good Luck!

Katina Ananda