ANST - Bored at Crown or Any Other Event

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Sat Nov 21 08:29:49 PST 1998

On 21 Nov 98, at 8:12, E.Preston III & Shelly K. Wal wrote:

> I too have gotten bored at events, and have turned myself around and
> created my own fun by getting involved. Maybe I'm simple, but I can often
> be entertained just by seeing folks I only see at events. Whereas there
> have been some helpful hints, such as Mistress Gunnora's, there have also
> been a few swipes. Heaven help you if you don't admit to being enthralled
> by chivalric fighting?

take your craft box, pile in the least maintained weapons and armour (that
you haven't been able to make time to clean up) and your burnishing kit,
work on your knitting (as in maille), take a long walk in the woods, read the
book(s) you've been wanting to read, hang a hammock for well deserved
sack-time, haul out your writing equipment to work through the
correspondence back-log, work with your animal(s) on their obedience
training, set a "meet x new people" quota and adhere to it, totally confuse
someone causing you problems by being friendly and adopting a stance
that there was never a problem (throws them for a loop everytime when you
change their reality for them), organize a drum jam (always popular), put
together a common kitchen and work up your opwn groups alternative to a
"field feast" that you have suspicians / qualms about  ...

basically, an posted event structure is simply one of many options, if it
dosn't suit, there is no requirement that you adhere to it ... if necessary
make your own for yourself or your group.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves