ANST - " bored in the sca..." ... everybody sing!

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Sat Nov 21 12:21:59 PST 1998

On 21 Nov 98, at 13:05, Mike C. Baker wrote:

> Crown Tourneys (and Coronations) generally attract some of the
> finer merchants in the Kingdom.

forgot to add to my list ... bring money, spend money, support the
merchants & crafters, develop new ideas for your crafting

> Possibilities / Random Suggestions:
> Shoot for Royal Siege Engineer on Sunday morning, perhaps?

... shooting for the royal siege engineer ... i like it!  winner is the one that
lobs the old the old one for distance and accuracy.

> Target archery throughout (a "true" Royal Round)?

... if you're going to have a "royal round" archery competition, dosn't that
sorta negate the reason for having a crwon tourney?  i mean, how many of
the incoming crown are going to be quick / lucky enough to survive being
the royal targets??? (a hunt! a hunt! a royal hunt!!!).  though would be
excellent training for the next six months and personally, i would have a
very *high* level of esteem for anyone skilled enough, willing and able to run
that guantlet!

> "Formal" Page School (7-12 year olds)?

... how about a rinzai zen style school for pages?  would prepare them well
for a future of heavy combat

> Amra, Instigator

''wolf, a subversive rebel in a previous life ... and i got worse (grin w/fangs)

> My opinions are my own -- who else would want them?

i'll trade ya .. a few of yours for a few of mine ...

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves