ANST - combat archery

Michael J. Harkness blackoak at balista.com
Sun Nov 22 06:29:47 PST 1998

 I agree with Don Christian Dorén,

Don Christian wrote:
"I like touch kill for archers because I do not want my
equipment to be hit and broken. Yes, I understand that I take that
risk and that I MAY get whacked even if I am suppose to be touch
kill. I'll risk it. But making me touch as long as I have a bow in my
hand means my bow is likely to live longer. In fact, given that we
are not required to wear full gauntlets I am not sure we can legally
BE full contact by SCA wide rules."

I do remember Gulf Wars and it was touch kill if you had a Bow in hand.
I hope we keep up this practice.

Lord Talon of Blackoak