ANST - To hit or not to hit Combat Archers

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Nov 23 16:11:40 PST 1998

> If my arrows bruise (I shoot nothing but fiberglass shafts with UHMW heads,
> about 50% heaver that wood Ansteorran War Arrows) I have yet to have a
> fighter show me the bruise, it would be a supprise.

I've personally been bruised by an arrow that hit my shoulder and also felt
the impact of another arrow that landed next to my foot. Some of those things
hit HARD.

> I could not get away with breaking their sword so they should not break my
> arrows. Had one broken at Three Kings and one stomped on at Fall Melees. If
> I had been thinking about what I was seeing I would have shot the fighter in
> the back as he walked off to give him his second death but probly just as
> well I didn't.

No. You don't shoot them in the back. You inform the marshall of what the
fighter is deliberately doing and that marshall had better have words with
the fighter. Doing evil for an evil doesn't bring good. And yes, if a marshal
sees you shooting someone in the back to "get even" he should eject you as
well.

> Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra

Gunthar