ANST - Combat Archery

Sigen3 at aol.com Sigen3 at aol.com
Tue Nov 24 16:22:24 PST 1998

Greetings,

I don't have a problem with archers being in groups if that is what they wish
to do.  I used to fight heavy, but due to a knee that has NO cartilage (sp?)
and only damaged tendons, I believe that I am the *only one* qualified to
decide
where I will place myself on a battlefield.  I am not physically able to back
quickly,
and I *will not* allow myself to be placed in a position that may cause me
serious
physical damage for a game.  Please remember that you may not know what
restrictions someone may be fighting under, and do not be offended when your
instructions go unheeded.

I wear 2 large white diamonds on my helm.  I am supposedly a non-contact
archer.  It is not because I fear being hit...I am unable to run on uneven
ground,
and prefer not to be hit if it is at all possible.  I was hit at three kings,
and after the
excitement, could not tell who it was.  It doesn't matter, although I really
hope that it wasn't deliberate.  I have taken my lumps with the big boys, and
I can appreciate how those baby seals feel.  I know that I could get hurtI am
sorry to those
of you who don't like archers... . Sometimes we play the game my
way...sometimes
your way...sometimes someone elses.  I won't stop arching, but if you'll wear
an
orange flag on top of your helm I won't shoot at you!! :)  (not) :-)

Sorry if I offended anyone.  If so, please e-mail me @ Sigen3 at aol.com

Yours in service
Sigen Fridreksdottir
Nordvirk

<< That is why I'm planning on giving certain archers, Baroness
 Octavia for one, autonomy in choosing how they best wish to be utilized. But
the majority
 of the archers I want to see as units and being led. >>