ANST - Combat archery

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Tue Nov 24 19:07:02 PST 1998

I was hit by arrows at Three Kings four times (back of the hand, helm, chest
and leg) only two hit armor the hand and helm with no brusing, and three
times at Fall Melees, (inside of the fore arm, leg and helm) the fore arm
and helm were from Master Modius's crossbow with no brusing. I am not sure
if the fore arm hit vambrace or inside of the elbow cop. I toke the fore arm
as a kill becouse we were allow one reseruction and came back to shoot some
more ( it was my drawing arm). Master Modius's crossbow is new max for
Ansteorra, I have checked it myself.
I find it strange that fighters used to say we can't feel arrows and now
they hit so hard that they feel a need to hit the person that shot them. I
do understant the flustration of bing killed right after lay on is called I
to have to drive three to eight hours to fight/shoot and it is no fun to die
early in the fight.
Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra