ANST - Vashti of the Flaming Tresses, R.I.P.

Roy Heath royheath at flash.net
Wed Nov 25 20:27:42 PST 1998

Tonight, November 25, at 8:45, Baroness Vashti of the Flaming Tresses
passed away, surrounded by her husband and her friends.

She was a friend, a noble lady, a joy to watch and a joy to talk to.

As a seneschal, she cared about the barony, serving her baron and
baroness with a smile, with loyalty, and with only the occasional rap on
the knuckles.

As a dancer, she was fun and joyful, and she taught many people to
dance.

As a fencer, she was honorable and competent.  I deliberately steered
new fencers to her for the basics, because she was patient and helpful.

As a lady in waiting, she was a quick, efficient worker, who never got
credit for how smooth the court went when *all* details backstage were
covered.

She had fun, and the people around her had fun.

See her nimble feet go dancing,
   Gentle steps or lively prancing,
      Always joyful and entrancing
Teaching others all the while.

Cleaning other people's messes,
   Long red hair and purple dresses,
      Vashti of the Flaming Tresses,
How we'll miss her knowing smile.

Please pray for her husband, Master Tadhg Liath.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin
Adelicia Gilwell / Peggy Rudin