ANST - Combat archery

Michael J. Harkness blackoak at balista.com
Fri Nov 27 19:47:46 PST 1998

Greetings from Lord Talon of Blackoak:
I have been reading all of the comments from this list about Archers.
I find it most amusing. As for being clubbed down like a baby seal, without
a sword in my hand.
I would ask a Marshal to remove that fighter from the field.
Remember that an Archer with a bow in hand IS TOUCH KILL, unless the Archer
gives up before you can touch him.
White Diamonds on the helmet IS NO TOUCH but much surrender before you get
close ( within 10 feet)
If the Archer drops his/her bow and arrows and draws a Sword or other
weapon, by all means that is just another fighter out there.

Ask Duke Sir Patrick Michael about this one, When he was King the Last
time.   :-)

<snip>
I do understand the frustration of being killed right after lay on is
called I
to have to drive three to eight hours to fight/shoot and it is no fun to
die
early in the fight.
Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
<end of snip>

I also understand, in the last Gulf War I was hit in the left arm by an
arrow in Two different battles.  I dropped my bow and helped when I could
with one arm.  That's the way things are.

In Service to the Kingdom

Lord Talon of Blackoak
Southern Regional Archery Marshal