ANST - Gulf War update

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Nov 30 09:44:17 PST 1998

> > It is *very* important that you pre-register for the war - the forms
> > are available in the Black Star, and on-line at the Gulf War website.
>
> Hmmm...Is there some particular reason for this for next Gulf War,
> or is this a "we would like to have a count" kinda thing? I usually
> pre-register anyway, but pushing this tends to result in more
> people who are unsure if they can make it registering anyway, and
> thus more cancellations. Messes up the count.
>
> Doré

The reason for the push could be better explained by Baron Lucais but it
basically comes down to the fact that space is limited and the more people
who pre-register the better chance that the land allotment will let people
camp with the groups they want to be with and not have tents set up haphazardly
all over the place.

We are perfectly aware of the Ansteorran penchant for refusing to pre-register
for things but it is in thier own best interest if they do in this case. If you
are desiring to camp with your Barony or Household, or if you wish to camp by
Ansteorran Royal then it would be nice if Lucais could assign you a spot on his
site map so you would know right where you will be camping as soon as you get on
site instead of driving all around trying to find a space and hoping it won't be
too far from your friends.

Plus, having a decent estimate of the numbers and groups who are planning on
being there will help with several other issues such as armies, porta-john
distribution, people can volunteer for service activities ahead of time, etc...

Yours,

Gunthar