ANST - Gulf War update

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Nov 30 10:11:22 PST 1998

> > It is *very* important that you pre-register for the war - the forms
> > are available in the Black Star, and on-line at the Gulf War website.
>
> Hmmm...Is there some particular reason for this for next Gulf War,
> or is this a "we would like to have a count" kinda thing? I usually
> pre-register anyway, but pushing this tends to result in more
> people who are unsure if they can make it registering anyway, and
> thus more cancellations. Messes up the count.
>
> Dore

Sorry, it looks like my response to this was deleted somehow. So I'll
try it again.

The best person to ask about this would be the Gulf Wars liason, Baron
Lucais. But here is the reason I was pushing pre-registration. First, if
people pre-register it will give Lucais a chance to assign camping space
so the people can camp with thier group or Household and not be scattered
all over the site. He will be able to assign a camping space ahead of time
so when you arrive on site you will know exactly where to set up instead
of hunting around a haphazardly set up site trying to find a place big enough
for your tent.

Also, pre-registration will help with many aspects of planning for the War
such as number and location of porta-johns, army disposition, people can
volunteer for service activities, etc...

We understand and share Ansteorrans' dislike of pre-registration or of anything
that feels like bureaucracy but this is truly in the individual's best interest.

As I stated earlier, Master Lucais would be the one to ask for a more thorough
explanation.

Yours,

Gunthar