ANST - "Sumptuary Law" Clothing question

Thu Oct 1 11:47:12 PDT 1998

Sir Burke is correct.  The only sumptuary laws Ansteorra has are for
coronets.  Other symbols of rank may be recognized by the College of Heralds
or may be determined by custom and usage.  You may wear all of the
fripperies you have mentioned and the law of Ansteorra will not come after
you.  However, should any individuals take offense at your wearing these
items, they may make their displeasure known.

As a small aside, at his first revel, Count Finn Kelly O'Donnell was wearing
a very light natural leather belt, which in the bad light looked white.  The
Queen, who was in attendence, looked at him and said, "Oh, are you one of
our new knights?"  By the next event, the belt had changed color.

Bear