ANST - pewter casting class at BG event

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Oct 1 16:26:22 PDT 1998

Greetings,

As a last minute addition to the activities of the Bryn Gwlad
Baronial Fair and Championship event this weekend, I will be
teaching my hands-on pewter casting class.

Pewter was the "costume jewelry" of the Middle Ages. While I
will be teaching you how to make simple ornaments that can be
used as site tokens or gaming pieces, much more can be done
using this carved soapstone method including jewelry, belt
ends and decorations, buttons, seals and other items.

The class will be taught on Saturday afternoon and I plan to
be available for additional pewter pourings on Sunday if need
be.

Some background on this technique can be found in the casting-msg
file in the CRAFTS section of my Florilegium files. I will have
a few copies of this file available for the class.

While I will have some soapstone and carving tools available,
extra blades, scribes, screwdrivers and such are always useful.

Lord Stefan li Rous (512)892-0036
stefan at texas.net

My Florilegium files are available at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

I plan to have copies of my Florilegium filelist available at
the gate, also.