ANST - Re: Ansteorra V1 #1567

Dennis Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 8 15:14:52 PDT 1998

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Laughing Boy says:
>Been there, done that, still seems scrawny.
>
>Very accurate and annoyingly quick, but still scrawny.

You know, Ansteorra *does* have its share of slender knights. Where did
this myth of the--er, physically robust Ansteorran Knight come from?
When I first arrived in this fair land, I heard a woman at fighter
practice say of me, "He can't be a knight; he's too small!" A while
later, on this mailing list, one of the laurels said, "Knights all have
big ol' bellies hanging over their belts."

Since then I've met Sir Dafydd, Count Simon, Duke Michael, Sir Henri,
Sir Badon, Sir Maximillian, Sir Galen Niccoli (since departed), Sir
Lance, Sir Aaron, and several I'm just not recalling at the moment. What
we lack in mass we make up in belligerence.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace,
slight of frame
robust of spirit