ANST - Spurs?

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Wed Oct 14 15:38:10 PDT 1998

Michael F. Gunter wrote:

> Although spurs are a part of the knighting ceremony and are our closest link
> with the period knight, there is nothing that reserves the wearing of spurs
> to only the Chivalry. Only the white belt and unadorned gold chain are reserved.

Though merely a Kingdom difference I have seen both belted/non-belted
fighters in the MidRealm wear spurs and no one "seems" to make a fuss
about it. On a different note, Eldred was asked who he was squired to
since he was wearing an unadorned silver chain-mail chain. When he
replied "No one, it was a gift" he was politely told that it is "custom"
up here for some that squires to wear the unadorned silver chain.

Different strokes...

Moriel***