ANST - info on monks?

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Tue Oct 20 18:33:08 PDT 1998

We were the Abby of St.Hubert the Huntsman.  To my knowledge, they were all
white.  The knots repersented the vows of obediance (see why I gave it up),
chasity (see why I gave it up) and poverty(and I was that way any way).

The friars robe was made out of a material called "Monk's cloth".  It was
brown.  It looked like burlap in its weave, but was much softer to the
touch.  Please don't ask where to get it--I don't know.  The outfit was made
by HL Noman's mother and I traded him a crossbow for it.  As to the quality
of the garb, I was mistaken for a friar by a real Friar at an event at the
Munsonburg(SP?) Castle in Germany.

I don't off hand remember the references.

Gilli

(Snip)