ANST - Lost Rapier Gear

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Sat Oct 24 11:33:34 PDT 1998

Over the past year or so I have lost a large amount of rapier
equipment. Though I have looked for it without success I still hope
that, somehow, some fellow SCAers have found some of it. Here is
the list:

Flexidagger with wooden handle, steel quillions and knucklebow
combo with a tiny steel triangle where the thumb goes. Plain
crossguard, not maingauche.

Flexidagger, curved brass quillions and knucklebow. Brass and
(faux) ivory handle. Brass ball pommel. Not a maingauche.

Foil weapon. Steel Spanish style bell (the engraved kind). Strait
steel quillions with brass balls on the ends and. I don't remember
whether I had a brass and ivory handle or a leather wrapped pvc
handle on this one (I switched it out sometimes).

Epee weapon. Aluminum italian bell (the pierced kind) with strait
steel quillions tipped with brass balls. Brass and (faux) ivory handle.

Schalger weapon. Brass cage hilt, brass and (faux) ivory handle.
Brass ball pommel. Black cloth tape on the ricasso.

Steel gorget for schalger (no flap in back). 2 piece steel front
pivots. leather strap goes around the neck to hold it on. This
schalger gorget is from Darkwood Armory and the steel is stamped
near one edge with a name (see below about names).

Pair of black gauntlets. Black with grey accents. Small slits on the
grey point where I use to have small metal fluer-de-lis mounted.
One glove still had that decoration last I saw. If you look inside you
would see that the gloves are yellow deerskin (died black on the
outside).

Some of the metal items are stamped with one of the following
names: Dore, Christian, Savein or Claire.

If you know where any of this equipment is, please let me know. I
would be very pleased to find it.

Don Christian Dore
jtc at io.com   -   (512) 280-2145