ANST - Crown

Alexis drwise at swbell.net
Sun Oct 25 10:32:20 PST 1998

> Greeting all..
>
> Congradulations to Sir Gunther and Lady Thyra.
>
> But I would like details of the event...ie...who was the last 2
> left...etc..

Greetings everyone, here are a few of the details:

There were 31 fighters in the list.  Of those, 13 were belted and 18
were unbelted.  Overall the fighting was the cleanest crown tournament
that I can ever recall seeing with much chivalry and courtesy displayed
by one and all.  Throughout the entire day I did not hear one person
complaining of calibration on the field, and when there was a question,
it was resolved by the fighters involved to their satisfaction.
The semi-finalists were Sir Gunther, Duke Kein,  Duke Richard and Sir
Alexis.  Sir Gunther defeated Duke Kein and Duke Richard defeated Sir
Alexis to advance to the final round.  During the final bout Sir Gunther
claimed the first point, Duke Richard the second and Sir Gunther the
final point for the crown.  The final fights ended with Duke Richard
being the first to congratulate his new prince amidst the roar of the
crowd's approval for the fight.  Her highness Lady Thyra was not able to
be present during the tournament, so by royal decree the results were
kept close to the vest.  Her highness discovered the true results of the
day in their Majesties court that evening, much to her surprise.  All in
all a glorious tournament.

Sir Alexis LaBouche