ANST - Oct 30 - Nov 1

Cliff Williams theodric at vvm.com
Mon Oct 26 20:30:19 PST 1998

Shameless plug for Tournais d'Amore on Oct 31-Nov 1
The scene shall be one of splendor and of ceremony. Pennants and banners shall ring the field. The ladies and the fighters shall be beautiful and noble to look upon. Like Camelot reborn, the field will be a shrine to honor and to love. This shall be the Tournament d’Amore.

This shall be a challenge tournament of champions, both Rapier and Chivalric, to determine the two Consorts d’Amore. However, while the combatants will fight the challenges, it is their consort who shall make the challenges. Yes, the consort shall "enter" the tournament and make their challenges to one another. The fighters will then take the field, as their champions, to defend their ladies’ honor.

Imagine the scene, knights, squires and men at arms, all in their finest splendor, their consort’s arms upon their shields, crests adorning their helms, all fighting for the love and honor of their beloved. How could such a scene fail to stir the heart?

Also you will find the thee children having fun during the time set aside by the Shire to entertain them.  Just before feasting we will ask everyone to return to their individual encampments to prepare for the children, the older of whom will escort the rest on a tour of 'trick-or-treating' fun.  So remember to bring goodies to be passed out and let the children of our realm have their fun on this day.

We have a group from UMHB that want to enact the 'witches scene' from Macbeth to help get us all in a Halloween mood.

Booklets about the event are available from the Consorts of the Chivalry and White Scarves.

Baron Theodric and the Shire of Tempio invite one and all.