ANST - Banishment Commentary

ShipMaria at aol.com ShipMaria at aol.com
Fri Oct 30 12:51:13 PST 1998

In a message dated 10/30/98 1:11:36 PM Central Standard Time,
timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com writes:

<< but the Boys Scouts of America have recently had no end of
 state-by-state legal trouble due to their refusal to allow homosexual
 boys and men be involved with their organization.  They have won
 several court battles and lost at least one, in different states, so
 this is not a legally clear issue as of late.  The matter that gives
 the BSA trouble (and would the SCA as well) is their non-profit tax
 status. >>

You must be psychic, that's exactly the case I was thinking about. I though I
read, though, that ... oh, I just got mail...what Lazarus said.. he beat me to
it.

<<This may not be /directly/ applicable because banishment is done to a
person, not class of people due to some common characteristic (race,
religion, sexual preference, etc).>>

Oh my goodness, can you imagine if SCA sent away all the people who were
"different" in regard to race, religion or sexual preference!! LOL, there
might be no one left!

Elspeth,
Who's almost favorite thing about the SCA is the diversity.