ANST - banishment issues

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Sat Oct 31 19:15:23 PST 1998

On 31 Oct 98, at 12:20, Pug Bainter wrote:

> The banishment from the presence and realm are voluntary from the
> banished person. Personally, I view this as ignoring the problem and
> hoping it will go away.

interesting point ... how often (in recent history) does a person(s) torque off
a crown and they react by imposing banishment as "their royal perogative"
(certain old cases that struck close to the hall comes to mind ...) .. and in
response the banished person(s) simply ignores it and goes about their
business (maybe writing some scathing satires in the process) ... thereby
showing it for what it truely is, a toothless political action.

if corporate backs such arbitrary banishments done at the whim of the
constantly changing crown ... will they be willing to refund the portions of
the membership fee's for the period of that bansihment?

if not, then there would be a good legal case for action against the SCA on
the grounds that a person is being denied use of something paid for (yearly
membership) ... seeing how the "blood from a turnip" aspect is in action
here (ie: getting money back from corporate coffers), i seriously doubt it will
happen ... and as such acceptance of these banishments will remain
voluntary

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves