ANST - Sumptuary Laws longish comment & info request

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Fri Oct 16 23:35:37 PDT 1998

Cian Conor MacQuaid wrote:

> If anyone has  any reference where I can find the official policy on these
> things I would love to see it. I am most interested in Society and Ansteorra
> rulings, but I am curious about the others.  I have seen both yellow and purple
> proteges belts, for example.

Since I'm the one who has been trying to track this stuff down for Sir Cian....

I asked Laurel where Society-wide sumptuary laws are documented and was told in the
Laurel Cover Letters.  As far as the regalia for each of the orders, they are listed
in the OandA as badges belonging to "Society for Creative Anachronism."  Part of
Cian frustration using the OandA is probably the result of the search engine.  I,
personally, usually work with the raw data in a word processor.

As for the Laurel letters, to my knowledge there is no index for them, but I'm sure
Daniel will chime in and correct me if I'm mistaken.

--Perronnelle

--
Nobody who can read is ever successful at cleaning out an attic.