ANST - Sumptuary Laws Elsewhere

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Oct 20 10:02:00 PDT 1998

Michael F. Gunter wrote:
> On this I am in full agreement. I do get a little twitchy about "squire's
> chains" but that's about it. If someone isn't a squire but wears a red belt
> and is willing to take the lumps for it, then go right ahead. Same goes for
> the cord.

My esteemed Knight, why should there be ANY lumps associated with this? And
why should someone have to be willing to take lumps in order to wear a red
or yellow or green belt or white cord? None of these is reserved for a
particular group.

> Logic goes a long way folks.

I agree. Which makes me think the first statement may not be exactly
what you had in mind to say.

Stefan li Rous