ANST - info on monks?

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Oct 20 17:09:35 PDT 1998

Bob Dewart wrote:
> Let me relate my experience with "belts".  Many years ago I had a friar
> personna.  Part of a friar's garb is a white rope belt with three knots at
> the end.  The belt is called a cincture.  Some confused this 1/2 inch wide
> white rope belt being worn by a friar for that of a knight's belt.
>
> Presently HL Gilli former Friar Gillian of Gallway(1975-1983)

Greetings Gilli,

Thank you for this info on a friar's outfit. Which house used this white
belt? All of them? What was the outfit color itself? Over the years I
have collected only a little info on monks and friar's clothing. What
little I have is in my monks-msg file in my Florilegium files. I would
love to have more information about monk's clothing or even better some
useful referances to put in this file, for both myself and others as I
occasionally get inquiries about this.

Thanks.
  Lord Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net