ANST - Pompous Asses (you did)

Ken Stallman erland at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 21 20:56:31 PDT 1998

AuroraeB at aol.com wrote:

I am going to put my 2 cents in on the subject.......  I think that sometimes an
award or rank in the SCA leads certain people to "lord it over" others and they
get totally out of control and start believing that those ranks and awards truly
mean they are "better" than the people who have not yet earned them.

     You know, I've always been real happy down here in Bjornsborg, raised on
     outlawed houheholds and such. One thing we've always had is a feeling that
     respect is EARNED. The fact that a person has earned a title or a symbol
     means they are entitled to the politeness shown to anyone including a
     newcomer (or a mundane). By their actions they earn our respect. Of course,
     this works well with my persona (or accused lack of same) results may vary in
     your locale!