ANST - Pompous Asses (you did)

Gary Koehler midnightk at htcomp.net
Fri Oct 23 14:35:34 PDT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Stallman <erland at ix.netcom.com>
To: ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG <ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 1998 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: ANST - Pompous Asses (you did)

>AuroraeB at aol.com wrote:
>
>I am going to put my 2 cents in on the subject.......  I think that
sometimes an
>award or rank in the SCA leads certain people to "lord it over" others and
they
>get totally out of control and start believing that those ranks and awards
truly
>mean they are "better" than the people who have not yet earned them.
>
>     One thing we've always had is a feeling that
>     respect is EARNED. The fact that a person has earned a title or a
symbol
>     means they are entitled to the politeness shown to anyone including a
>     newcomer (or a mundane). By their actions they earn our respect. >
>
>I have to applaud you on your 2 cents and agree with you heartily..Respect
is a wonderful thing you seee.. it is a give and take situation.. Just
because you get ellivated to a higher rank does NOT mean you automatically
recieve respect..its something you earn No matter what your
station...Remember the golden rule .."Do unto to others as you would have
them do unto you"
And for those who are treated badly and don't quite know what to do ..Turn
the other cheek..not only are you a better person for it...you make the
other pesron look bad and as another plus probably tick them off quite badly
since all they were looking for was conflict to begin with.

Adding my 2 cents to the growing pot,
Lady Annora von Koehler