ANST - Teacher Recommendations

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Tue Oct 27 07:48:33 PST 1998

Stefan li Rous asked about the Alexandrian Society:
>Gunnora, could you post a list of both these Teaching Fellows and these
>Research Fellows?
>
>1) I think it would be nice to give them some word-of-mouth fame and

We have:

Founders:
Mari ferch Rathyen
Clare St. John
Gunnora Hallakarva
Siobhan FitzLloyd
Jessamyn di Piedmonte

Teaching Fellows:
Baroness Kate Sommerfield (Bjornsborg)
Lady Radegunde (Bjornsborg)

Research Fellows:
Mistress Rose Cathan
Master Thomas of Tenby

Any of the people on this list can be counted upon to give an outstanding,
entertaining, informative, and accurate class.

Note, however, that these are certainly not the *only* folks in this
kingdom who can do so!  Over time, we will certainly recognize others for
their contributions to future Alexandrian Symposia!

>2) As a baronial Minister of Arts and Sciences, I often had trouble finding
>out who would be good sources to send people to who were interested in
particular
>things. I think such a list would be useful for people wanting to know who
they
>could go to for questions about a partiular area as well as for those who
might
>be looking for a teacher to teach a particular class at an upcoming event.

You can always ask a Laurel.  Even if I do not know how to teach whatever
it is you're looking for, chances are *very* good that I know someone who
does.  In general, the Laurels know the major skills of the other Laurels,
and moreover, since we act as judges for A&S and have to be aware of
artisans for consideration as members to our Order, we pretty much have an
informal inventory of artisans in our head most of the time.

I know that some folks are afraid to approach a Laurel because of Peer
Fear.  But why?  One of the major aspects that we look for in considering
whether to elevate a person to the Laurellate is whether or not they
*teach*.  Most Laurels *love* to teach. I certainly do -- and I welcome
people coming to work with me, as it helps motivate me, artistically!

Your Laurels are here to provide just this type of service!  Ask us!

Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)