ANST - Texas Renaissance Festival

Ted Kubricht TedK at UH.EDU
Tue Oct 27 12:56:38 PST 1998

Greetings all,

Well, we had yet another wonderful weekend at the Fair.   In spite of competition from Crown Tourney, we still managed to round up 6 Chivalric and 12 or so Rapier fighters.   There were at least 4 -6 demos going on in the compound at any given time and visiting SCAers from many distant lands, as has been the norm since the first weekend.   We held a prize tourney, sponsored by Lady Annes and GatesEdge, in which nearly everyone took part.   We also held a Bardic competition, sponsored by Elaine of Bryn Gwlad, with 7 extremely talented competitors.   I'll have to post the winners tomorrow, I managed to run off without the list this morning.   Malachi & Maurene provided a fajita feast Saturday night, supplemented by tortilla soup courtesy of Yoshi and Angela.   Don Horoun held court Saturday night, and was joined by Baroness Hillary for  Sunday's court.    Many fine gifts were awarded, including baskets of herbal balms, soaps, vinaigrettes, and inkle woven bookmarks by Lady Annes, fibulas
   by Baroness Hillary, a

I neglected to mention this last week.   How it could have slipped my mind I have no idea.   Last week, during Baron David and Baroness Crystal's court, Yoshi proposed to Angela and she accepted!   Vivat! Vivat! Vivat!   Hurrah!  --> cobalt60 at lcc.net <--

Next weekend is Household sponsored weekend!   Many interesting competitions and diversions have been lined up so far.    House Navarre is sponsoring a prize tourney in the compound on both days  (announcement to follow).   House Dreaming Tree is sponsoring prizes for best death on the Battle Mound.   House Shadowlands (no, you don't have to actually *be* a house to participate) is holding a ghost story competition through Saturday night, and an All Saints Day period worship service in the TRF church Sunday morning (announcement to follow).   The Smurfs are providing feast on Saturday night.   Phillipe (the Mouse) Navarre is sponsoring an Assassination Guild scenario.    There will be a sign up sheet if you would like to participate and 3-4 lucky volunteers will be assassinated in public.   If you would like to sponsor a competition, demonstration, or other entertaining endeavor, contact me so I can get the word out and pencil you in.   This promises to be a most entertaining weekend.

As yet, there is no sponsor for the 6th weekend.   It looks like it will be EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!    EVERY WOMAN FOR HERSELF!   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!    If anyone would like to sponsor anything this weekend, feel free!

As a final note, I overheard a patron exclaim to his friend, as he stood on the new walkway in front of the Armory and viewed the swordfighting, the skittles, and the demonstrations, "This here is my *favorite* place at the Fair!"
Vivat to all of you who have participated this year!

In fine Spirit,
Vaclav