ANST - Princess Who?

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Wed Oct 28 09:16:35 PST 1998

HRH Sara wrote something akin to:

> Good Morning,
>
> Well, after 6 years of being Thyra of Black Oak Keep (also known as
> Thyra of the Completely Undocumentable Name), I figured it was finally
> time to set aside my newbie name in favor of something that doesn't make
> heralds snicker.
[BIG SNIP]

Greetings to all.  Her Highness has indeed chosen a lovely name with the
help of some mighty fine heralds.  With no disrespect intended to anyone
(though I am sure some will find it so) if Thyra is undocumentable I can
understand the change, but not so much the last name (unless it is truly
Her Highness's wish).  Black Oak Keep is a place name and if that name
has served well for the last 6 years why change it?  I regestered my
name almost 13 years ago with the Patrynomic "Arenvaldsdochter" and the
place name of " of Raven's Fort". This is the place I learned about the
SCA from, the place where family, friends and aquaintances were.  Though
I am no longer there it is still "home" and I wouldn't change that part
of my name at all.

Just a few thoughts from a misplaced Ansteorran...

Moriel Arenvalsdochter of Raven's Fort
(Quartely vert and erminois a maunche counterchanged)
  [it's a mouthful and very "distinct" set of arms, but it's mine all
mine...]