ANST - Tourney by the Loch

Mary Houston mairih at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 28 15:13:00 PST 1998

Greetings unto the Populace of Ansteorra!

The Barony of Loch Soilleir invites one and all to attend our Tourney by
the Loch on October30 - November 1.  The theme for this year's tourney
is The Field of Cloth of Gold where the French met the English for
friendly (?!) competitions and abundant entertainment.   Join us for a
wonderful weekend featuring Rapier Fighting, Static and Bardic Arts
Competitions, and a Masked Ball.
Concerned because you don't have a team for the fighting?  All rapier
fighters are welcome to join in the fun!  We will be forming teams at
the site.
The feast (prepared by the excellent cook, Lady Tegan Rhos) will consist
of Breads and butters, Stuffed eggs, Coq au Vin (chicken cooked in
wine), Marinated vegetables, Pot au Feu (roasted beef and vegetables),
and assorted cakes and tarts!  The Masked Ball will take place after the
feast, with a prize going to the best mask.
The site is at Lake Houston State Park - 18 miles north of Houston in
New Caney.  Take 59N to the FM1485 exit, travel east 2 miles to the
Baptist Encampment Road.  Turn south for 1.5 miles to the park entrance.
The Site fee is $7.00, Feast is $5.00

Hope to see everyone there!

Lady Mairi M'Donnyle
Seneschal