ANST - Three Kings

nolen dale fairborn at swbell.net
Wed Oct 28 15:40:12 PST 1998

this is a shameless plu for a fun event.

On November 14th Robert the Bruce and Edward I (hammer of the scots)
will once again fight over the land called scotland. Come join us in the
shire of Rosenfled (Tyler,TX) at our site (Canton,TX) as we recreate
those historic battles of Stirling Bridge, Falkirk, Bannockburn and
others with some new twists. Archers bring your wagons full or arrows
for Edward has put a gold coin bounty for each scot killed. Scots bring
your siege engines because you are going to have to kick the english
lords from the comfort of scotish castles.
So We have melee's we have combat archery, we have siege engines What
else you ask.
We Have an A&S competition for war points for each king. The entry with
the highest point toal is worth one point and the king with the most A&S
entries gets a war point as well. You may only enter one item per king.
So you could technically compete for both kings.

We also have an archery competition! IF you can shoot you can
participate. Once again one point for the highest score and one point
for the most entrants for a king.

We have a knife,axe, and spear competion. Agaon one point for the
highest score and one point for the king with the most contestants.

we also have 2 points for service courtesy. Some members of the populace
will be watching and listening. So help out everywhere you can
especially to people you do not know and introduce yourself to people
you have never met. Nothing is more fun than everyone having fun when
everyone knows everybody.
How Much you ask? a paltry $6.00 for site fee and this year for the
first time a feast to satisfy that hunger you get from competiting for
your king all the day. the feast menu is as follows: Scottish eggs with
brad and butters, savory beef and vegetable stew, individual meat
pies(pork sausage, apples, raisins, nuts) and shortbread for desert.
Yeah Yeah so what Richard everybody has that! We will also have a
victors court where the defeated may plead for their lives(alot of good
it will do them if Edward wins). How that? Not too bad Richard but what
about after that? I am glad I asked myself that questions
Elspeth du Tambour will be organizing a HAFLA! All manner of drummers,
dancers, and other muscians come and participate under the big steppes
white and red pavillion. Your talents will be on show for all who attend
that evening and this event is the only scheduled activity we try to
bring the best entertainment for everyone. Largess will be given out to
all particpants.
How is that for event?
I don't know I am still thinking about going to academy of the
courtesan.
There is no academy of the courtesan it is academy fo the courtier!
OH!
I think I will come to three kings and use a hammer on the hammer of the
scots.

This missive was for fun and make people aware of three kings nove.
13-15th in the shire of rosenfled and was not meant to hurt anyones
feelings unless of course your are Edward I