ANST - Banishment

Merrik Viltar Har Marrock at email.msn.com
Sat Oct 31 09:50:09 PST 1998

Within the Society for Creative Anachronism, only their Royal Majesties may impose a banishment. Those banishments are placed at the straight out-and-out personal, arbitrary discrimination of said Royalty for whatever reason they may chose to do so. If\When that banishment is not 'honored' by 'both\either' party(s), it ends up in a court of BAD form and not a court of Law. So level 1 & 2 banishment is like un-secured debt, if you don't honor it, ALL they can do is borderline harrass you, attemp to make you feel small, and report it to what-ever buearu will listen.

Never say never, however, I have never heard of any banishments being 'outside' the spirit or guidelines(?) for banishment. Let the King and Queen banish as they see appropriate and they will be remembered\praised\scorned for their acts. Let the populace at large be the populace at large and they will be remembered\praised\scorned for their acts. That is period and will NEVER go to mundane court, it IS part of the Society for Creative Anachronism. If we don't play within the spirit of the Society for Creative Anachronism, then we have no Society for Creative Anachronism. If no one ever upset the Crown to the point of being banished, (if we all played nice), then this is all a mute point, but mild scandal can be allot of fun, and something to talk about during feast.

Merrik Viltar Har
Marrock Wild Hair
Marrock at msn.com

>> snip <<
    The problem you run into with the temporary banishment is that it is, under the rules of our country, straight out-and-out personal, arbitrary discrimination; which is against the law.  Subscribing to the theory that it is "period" won't hold up in court.  So, unless you are going to banish each and every person throughout the SCA who do