ANST - Banishment

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sat Oct 31 10:20:09 PST 1998

Merrik Viltar Har (Marrock at email.msn.com) said something that sounded like:
> However,  telling someone they can't play because they verbally or
> physically threaten someone or because they proposition small children is
> not the same thing.  There have to be some guidelines for acceptable and
> unacceptable behavior in any instance where large groups of individuals
> interact with each other.  It's a sociological necessity.  Ignoring "bad"
> people  and "bad" actions will not make either of them go away.

There is something you may have missed in the existing guidelines for
banishment that may not exist in the new ones. (The new ones are unclear
on what "a temporary ban on participation" means.)

The banishment from the presence and realm are voluntary from the
banished person. Personally, I view this as ignoring the problem and
hoping it will go away.

Absolute banishment covered "when the person has endangered public health
or safety, or disturbed the peace of an event in a manner which would make
it reasonable for the civil authorities to be called in for assistance",
which would be your threats and propositions even if they are not
prosecuted.

Ciao,