ANST - texas renaissance festival

THEODORE KUBRICHT TedK at UH.EDU
Thu Sep 3 15:18:59 PDT 1998

Greetings all,

There are only two more workdays left this year for the Texas
Renaissance Festival SCA compound.   They are this Saturday, Sept 5,
and Saturday Sept 26, both from 1pm till dark.   Yoshi will be there Friday,
Sept 4, working on the pavers.

Entry before the fair opens is by way of the office gate, just North of the
main gate on Hwy 1776.    Circle back to the main entrance road from
inside the property, then all the way through to the back corner of the
parking lot.   The gate there is open and just a few hundred feet from the
participant's privy & shower.    You know where the compound is from
there.

There is a lot of work remaining to be done, please come out if
you can.   We also need someone who can sew the stage roof  from canvas.
It is about 8x14 ft, flat on top.   Please contact me for details.

On another note, here is how to get passes this year.   Please notice that
the process is much different than in years past.
Thank you very much!

In fine Spirit,
Vaclav

Applying for passes

Send the following information on *each* person you are applying for
by email or phone to your local TRF autocrat (preferable) or either the
TRF/SCA liaison (Vaclav - tedk at uh.edu - 713-686-9883)or deputy
liaison (Yoshi - cobalt60 at lcc.net {that's an "L" not a "one"} -
409-295-4671):

1. Weekend(s) and day(s) you would like to attend, and estimated time
    of arrival.
2. Full SCA and mundane names of each person.
3. Phone number and email address of  someone who can reach all
    persons you are applying for.
3. Job or talent each person is volunteering.
4. Arts and Sciences displays or decorations you can bring.
5. Camping desires.

You will be put on the pass list and your pass(es) will be waiting for you
at the troll, just outside the participants' entrance gate at the fair when
you arrive.   Troll hours are 6pm to 1am Friday night, 8am to 11am
Saturday and Sunday mornings.   You may apply for passes until
Noon on the Friday before the weekend you wish to attend, after that
we will be at the fair and will not be able to read your email.   You
will receive a confirmation by email or phone.   If you find you cannot
attend after all, please call and have your name(s) removed from
the list so that others may use the passes.   Failure to do this will
be regarded as wasting everyone's time and effort, especially the person
who really wanted to come and had to sit home, and you may be
bad vibed.   If  you really cannot arrive during the troll hours, call
at least two weeks in advance and make arrangements to have the passes
sent to you.   The gate guard hates letting people in to "go get their pass"
and complains bitterly about it to me and to the owner, causing all sorts
of horrible anguish.   In emergencies, I will give you my cell phone number
and meet you at the gate rather than face that ugly guard.

In the event you decide at the last minute to come, there may or may not
be unused passes available at troll.   You're welcome to try for them,
but we can't promise anything.   If you do, be prepared to pay your way
in if they are all handed out.   TRF management has promised to release
more passes to us if they like what they see us doing in the compound.

We would really like to see you there, and will make every effort to help
your admission process.