ANST - William Marshal Tourney IV

Helen Brown browns at mail.intplsrv.net
Fri Sep 4 12:40:41 PDT 1998

Greetings to one and all not going to Stargate Baronial.  You
are invited to William Marshal Tourney IV at Beautiful Quartz
Mountain State Park, 30 miles north of Altus, OK.  Still in a BURN
BAN area, so no open fires (charcoal or wood), no candles, no tiki
torches.  The lake water is way down, but there is safe well water
and flush toilets and showers on site.  We have a hall this year, not
large, but it has AIR CONDITIONING and the TAVERN-O-Cratx don't have
to fight the flys and winged creatures for the food. Great food
planned, I heard rumors of biscuits and gravy for breakfast, ka-bobs
for lunch, meat pies and soup for supper.

All competitions this year are team points overall Champions of
FalconRidge. Bring your own team or form one at the site.  Children
and A&S competitions count also.  The MOC has several activities
planned for the littles ones where they can earn points also.  The
A&S competition is anything to do with the sea that can be documented
(yes, your mead for the sailors can be documented).  THere will be a
separate A&S competition for decorated FISH in any medium, no
documentation required.

 Both Heavy and Light Lists for the individual Champions (bring all
your toys, weapons for the rounds will be chosen from all weapons on
hand, sort of a Swiss 5) and both Heavy and Light Bear Pits for
fun and points.

We will have a late afternoon tea for the LORDS, after the fighting
is finished and before court.  THey will be served refreshments while
watching the LADIES and CHILDRENS badminton tournaments.  Yes, the
lords can play also, but must wear skirts to play (a handicap to make
it fairer for the LADIES).

All the points will be added up and the FalconRIdge overall
Champion Team will be revealed and praised loudly at court.

After court and dinner, we will have the infamous QUEST FOR THE
FISH.  Listen to the tale about William Marshal's pike during court
and you will hear where we got some of our ideas. This is a team
event, JUST FOR FUN, everybody can play, 2 or 3 people on a team,
children included, or we have a volunteer to read stories to them
while the adults and older kids go on the QUEST.

Questions???  You can e-mail me at browns at intplsrv.net or the other
autocrat Ly Elspeth at kelsib at intellisys.net.  Food, dietary
questions, you can e-mail HL Cherel at cherip at intellisys.net.

COME AND JOIN THE QUEST FOR THE FISH.

Helen Brown
HL Hellen Bales MacQueene
Stronghold of FalconRidge, Kingdom of Ansteorra
browns at intplsrv.net
Altus, Oklahoma