ANST - Re: Defender New Fighter Tourney

Wes Williams wesw at cyberramp.net
Mon Sep 7 21:05:52 PDT 1998

At 10:06 PM 9/7/98 -0500, Viviane from Elfsea wrote:
>We have been discussing the possibility of having a new-fighters tournament
>the Sunday of Elfsea's Defender on September 27th....
>The criteria is for a new fighter including the time BEFORE and AFTER
>authorization, is less than ONE YEAR in all kingdoms....
>We've had little interest shown in this type of tournament, but i know there
>are new fighters out there.

There are indeed new fighters, but some of the NEW fighters might have
played in the SCA for a while and are therefore excluded from your list.

This doesn't sound like a list for new fighters, but rather a list for new
members who fight. Why not include those people who have played for any
length of time but have only been fighting for less than a year?

Thomas of Eynsham