ANST - Steppes Fall Court

Kristin Lott kmlott at prodigy.net
Tue Sep 8 17:43:22 PDT 1998

Greetings to the list from the event steward of this years Steppes Fall
Court.  I would like to invite everyone out for a weekend of fun, games,
and relaxation, Mongolian style.  Unfortunately, due to date and site
constrictions, we will be hosting our fall court the same weekend as
Three Kings.  Please accept my apology here and now.  But hey, who says
you can't do two events in one weekend?  The yak raids won't start until
after feast anyway!  Now on to the fun stuff.

Baron Edwin FitzLloyd and the Barony of the Steppes
               invite one and all to

               FALL COURT IN 13th MONGOLIA
                November 13-15. 1998
      Camp Leonard Boy Scout Camp - Granbury, TX
Site Opens Friday 5:00 pm and Closes Sunday 12:00 noon

Activities to include:
Foot races, wrestling for both male and female, anvil carry, children's
activities, and back by popular demand YAK raids, etc...  Just added to
the
list of activites is the GREAT TAVERN RACE.

Oh and by the way, NO formal court will be held.

There will be a Mongolian Feast Saturday night and bards are invited to
entertain us during feast.

The site is DRY and sorry no pet allowed. Merchants are welcome to set
up on the back covered porch only, no inside spaces.

The site is rustic with ample tent camping space and a large hall with a
fireplace.  If the weather holds out there will be flush privies
available.

Fees: (includes feast)
Adult:     $ 5.00
Children:  $ 2.00  (ages 7 - 13)
             Free  (ages 6 and under)
Family max of $14.00
Pre-paid reservations will be accepted.
Make checks payable to SCA Inc/Barony of the Steppes

See coming Blackstar for directions.

Event Steward:
Ly Annabel Kincaid
(mka Kristin Lott)