ANST - ***BOGUS*** .... Re: [Fwd: Disney]

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Wed Sep 9 10:53:47 PDT 1998

widely known as a bogus offer ... please don't be gullable enough to waste
your time or annoy others by perpetuating it.

when someone offers something for nothing, it's usually worth exactly the
price

'wolf

On 8 Sep 98, at 20:06, Summer  . .. wrote:

> Everyone is to resend to 15 individuals.  Please read and forward to as
> many friends as possible...we've checked up on this and this is no joke.
> It inly needs to reach 13,000 people and we all win!!!!...duplicate
> entries don't count, though...So, please help & pass on... thank you, and
> here you  go!!!

WARNING: CHAIN SPAM !!!! ....

> Hello Disney fans, and thank you for signing up for Bill Gates' Beta Email
> Tracking.

microsoft and disney have both disavowed this matter online ....

> ...                                   Here at Disney we are working with Microsoft
> which has just compiled an e-mail tracing program that tracks everyone to
> whom this message is forwarded to. It does this through an unique IP
> (Internet Protocol) address log book database.  We are experimenting with
> this and need your help.

this is impossible ... it would only work if all respondents had hard-coded IP
addressing.  just about everyone who logs on through a ISP or Gateway
gets a session assigned IP number that changes from session to session
.. thus all they can collect is the IP of your ISP.  this widely understood,
marks this offer as bogus (no one makes such blatant mistakes in
expensive marketing campaigns ... $5,000 each, give me a break)

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves