ANST - Steak Feast, Missing Events

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Thu Sep 10 06:10:53 PDT 1998

After seeing a number of comments such as:
> if it offends a few and they deside to stay home becuase it's not up to
their
> stellar standards, that's their choice, and really no loss to the whole
of the
> event ...

Gunnora wishes to make the following statement:
I do want to point out that I will not be attending this weekend - but not
because of the menu.  Even if it were KFC in the bucket, feast menu alone
would not cause me to shun an event.

Just for the record, my mom is critically ill, and as a result I expect
that I'll have to miss more than a few events over the course of the next
six months or so until the end of this particular real world crisis is
reached.  Any event I miss should be assumed to be due to a real world
conflict where the SCA *had* to come second.

My not attending an event has *never* been a reflection of my opinions
about the period qualities of the event, though I will admit that I select
which events that I will attend based on (1) will I have fun there? and (2)
do I have some duty to be there?  If I don't think it will be fun, and I
don't have a teaching committment or a Circle to attend, I usually do
something else that weekend.

Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)