ANST - Missing Events

AuroraeB at aol.com AuroraeB at aol.com
Thu Sep 10 20:00:25 PDT 1998

<< If I have an obligation, like a meeting or class I am
 teaching, I will do my best to be there, but my husband comes first,
 my health second, and other family or group members with problems
 3rd.

  The SCA is not the "real" world and other considerations sometimes
 have to come first.  >>

I have to completely agree with you here.

I really want to attend more events and do more with the group, but "real
life" just gets in the way most of the time.....

My husband works nights, Thurs through Sunday right now.  So, that pretty much
lets out events for us.   I might be open to day-tripping close by events, but
I really   just don't like to go by myself.   He "could" take Saturday night
off, but we would just lose 12 hours of pay.  And, we have to choose carefully
the things that are worth losing a whole day's pay over.....   And, we try not
to do that more than once a month, twice at the most.

I work Mon, Wed, and Fri. from 10 'till 7 or 8.  I am usually getting out of
work too late to make populace meeting, or am just too darn tired to think
about it after work.  This is not likely to change until after I finish my
last class this December.

Really, the only times I have free are Sundays, (Now that it might be starting
to get cooler, I will try to make it to fighter practice in Memorial Park
some), and Tues/Thurs nights.  I either work 10-3 or 3-8 Saturdays, so that
makes events kinda hard too.....

Anything interesting going on Tues/Thurs in the greater Houston area,
especially SW?

Tracy